Justice In America – Gregory Roach’s Story

Safety and warning labels are a necessity for keeping consumers and employees aware of any dangerous situations that may arise.

Whether it’s unsafe aspects of work equipment or a product itself, clearly identified and legible safety and warning labels will keep those susceptible, aware of the potential hazards.

In September 1998, Gregory Roach and his co-worker, Gordon Falkner, two Ohio carpet installers were severely burned when the adhesive they were using, Para-Chem’s Parabond M-280 All Weather Outdoor Adhesive ignited, at their job location, exploding into a fireball which traveled up the basement stairs, blew out the kitchen window, and ignited a neighbor’s tree.

Greg Roach, lost the tips of his fingers and much of his hearing and sight.

Following a 55-day drug-induced coma, he underwent 19 major surgeries, 4 months of hospitalizations, and countless hours of rehabilitation therapy. His body is now 96% scar tissue.

He had to relearn how to walk, eat, and cope with his devastating disfigurement. His medical bills totaled $3 million. (

The tragedy of this whole accident is…. It could have been easily avoided. Simple product warnings, plainly visible, would have prevented this horrific event.

And that’s why the jury awarded Greg and Gordon Faulkner, $8 Million dollars, which the Ohio Ninth District Court of Appeals later upheld.

The awful truth is that Para-Chem once had adequate label warnings, but deliberately decided to remove them.

In this INSIDER EXCLUSIVE, “JUSTICE IN AMERICA” NETWORK TV SPECIAL our news team visits with Brian Zimmerman of Zimmerman Law in Canton, Ohio to “Go Behind the Headlines” to see the challenges and dangers all workers face every day in the workplace and what their rights are.

You can reach Brian Zimmerman @ BZimmerman Law http://www.bzimmermanlaw.com/ 330.454.8056